Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day Eight



Hey Y'all, welcome to day eight!

Well, after yesterday I was excited to do some more digital coloring! I had a very specific idea of how I wanted this to look, and well, from the line art to the coloring it doesn't even resemble what I had in mind. I think with more practice I'll get there. However, I am pretty happy with how this turned out. As you can see I was experimenting with shines, *those things scare me more then shadows!* Since her suit it supposed to be kind of glossy, it was needed. I really liked the secondary color on the gloves, originally her entire suit was going to be dark purple but it needed a break. Overall I am happy with my results and will keep practicing!

4 comments:

  1. I love the 'texture' kinda thing ~ I have no idea what word I want, but what I mean is... okay, most noticeable in the background...reminds me of something I helped a friend do to her bedroom wall one time when we painted it. Not that I remember what that painting technique was called either. I'm just that good with words. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol thank you.. That makes two of us not good with words. On my paint program it's called "clouds" and "Multiply" Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! Next time I can't think of a word that I want, I'm just gonna yell "CLOUDS! MULTIPLY!" and we'll see what happens. [or who gives me a loonytoons look?] *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL.. I think that's a good idea.. I'm soo going to try that!!!

    ReplyDelete