Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 35


I think it's awesome when I draw people and they come back & say "I like my hair!" or "I like my eyes!" or whatever it is. We often spend so much time focusing on what we don't like about ourselves, I think it's great that when I draw a portrait of them people start seeing things about themselves they like... and my drawing isn't even a good imitation of how beautiful they actually are. 

This portrait I got back from the person that they liked their hair and eyes, but this isn't the only portrait that has made me think of that. I can't actually say what the portraits I do of people makes them think, but I often wonder. Are they curious why I randomly decide to draw them? Are they happy they got chosen to be drawn this time? Do they wish I would draw them? Are they annoyed that I do? 

I don't know but in the end people seem to overall have a good reaction to it.

Maybe I'm thinking too much, I have a habit of doing so, but it makes me happy to see them happy, that I do know.

No comments:

Post a Comment